Another delicious no churn recipe, this Peanut Butter Rocky Road Ice Cream is the stuff PB lovers’ dreams are made of. Rich and silky peanut butter no churn ice cream studded with crunchy chocolate covered peanuts and fluffy marshmallows. The hardest part is waiting for the ice cream to freeze before digging in!
I’m back with another killer combination for making homemade ice cream right in your own kitchen, no special equipment needed. If you haven’t ventured into the wonderful world of No-Churn ice cream, what are you waiting for? It’s super simple and the possibilities are endless! For your base you need sweetened condensed milk and heavy whipping, then you add flavorings and mix ins to your hearts content and end up with your very own perfect ice cream flavor. It’s pretty much the greatest thing ever 😀
After I made my first batch that was cheesecake flavored (read about it here), I started thinking about how easy it would be to create other flavored bases. You just need to flavor the sweetened condensed milk before mixing in the whipped cream and adding your mix ins. It didn’t take long for me to decide that my next flavor would be PEANUT BUTTER!
As for the mix ins, chocolate was an obvious choice. But I didn’t want to stop there. Marshmallows and peanut butter also work really well together…marshmallows, chocolate, ice cream…sounds like rocky road to me! Peanut Butter Rocky Road Ice Cream to be exact.
I was beyond happy with how this ice cream turned out! And I knew it would be good before I even put it in the freezer. I tasted the peanut butter/condensed milk mixture and it was delicious. I added in my whipped heavy cream and it was divine! Silky and rich and soooo peanut butter-y! I had to remind myself that it was destined to be a frozen treat, and I couldn’t eat it all straight from the mixing bowl standing in the middle of my kitchen!
The crunch of the chocolate covered peanuts along side the sweet and fluffy marshmallows are the perfect complements to the decadent peanut butter ice cream. And an extra drizzle of chocolate syrup never hurt anything either 😉
Have you tried no churn ice cream yet? What would be your dream ice cream flavor combination?
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c chocolate covered peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and the peanut butter until smooth, set aside
- In the bowl of stand mixer, (or a second bowl), add the heavy cream and beat on high until stiff peaks form (3-5 minutes)
- Add the whipped cream to the milk/peanut butter mixture and gently fold until fully combined
- Add the chopped chocolate covered peanuts and the marshmallows and gently fold again to mix
- Pour mixture into a freezer safe container (a full size loaf pan works well) and cover
- Freeze for at least 6 hours before enjoying
- For best results, eat within 2 to 3 weeks